Warranty & Returns
As per Australian Law we do accept returns, if you have made a mistake or change of mind purchasing the item within 30 days of original purchase. The return postage of the item is at the cost of the buyer and the refund will be processed once the item is received in its original packaging and in a re-saleable condition. A restocking fee of 15% of the original invoice might apply if the returns is due of purchasing mistakes or simply a change of mind and take the freight cost into consideration. The refund will be minus the cost of postage to send originally including items with free postage and restocking fee if applicable.
We cannot be held responsible for buyer's mistake reading item descriptions and vehicle compatibility lists, if a mistake has been made by the buyer it will be their responsibility to return as per above policy.
We are a genuine and trustworthy business and if we make a mistake we will do everything we can do to rectify the issue.
If a claim is made that the item sent is not as described we reserve the right to request photos as required to determine what the issue is and how it can be fixed. In most cases we will ask for a photo of the part we sent and the part off the vehicle.
All products we sell each have their own manufacturer’s warranty. In most cases, the warranty will be 24 months or 40,000km from the installation date whichever comes first. Or any longer warranty period that may be printed on your original tax invoice.
During the warranty period, we will replace or refund, at our option, any new part that fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship under normal use and service after proper installation. Please contact us at email@example.com or phone us at 02 7801 4933 for any warranty claim. We will then process a warranty claim with the product manufacturer.
It is the policy of Machter Autoparts that the Warranty will be VOID if NOT fitted by a qualified licensed mechanic. Proof of fitment may be requested at the time of warranty claim.
- Failure due to accident or collision; misuse, abuse or modification; chemical fallout; salt, hail, or other environmental conditions including natural disasters; marine use; improper installation; installation of an incorrect part; and damages caused by other faulty parts.
- Parts under manufacturer's recall for a related problem.
- Parts installed on vehicles used off-road or for racing purposes.
- Parts installed on a commercial-use vehicle after 90 days (see below).
- Normal wear and tear.
- Used or salvage parts.
Parts installed on commercial-use vehicles are warranted for 180 days from the date of installation only, regardless of any longer warranty period that may be printed on your tax invoice.
Parts being returned under the manufacturer’s warranty must follow this procedure.
- Replacement part must be invoiced and paid in full before it can be taken from the shop.
- Once the failed part has been returned to Machter Autoparts it will be sent to the manufacturer for inspection and/or testing. The manufacturer will then decide if it is to be repaired, replaced or rejected. Note: The warranty is a manufacturer's warranty and any decision made by the manufacturer has nothing to do with Machter Auto Parts or its employees.
- If the manufacturer agrees that the part is to be replaced and the customer has already purchased a new replacement a refund will be processed.
- If the manufacturer agrees to repair the part, the repaired part will be returned to the customer.
- If the manufacturer rejects the warranty claim, the customer can choose to have the failed part returned to them however no refund will be given.
Original invoice from Machter Auto Parts must be presented when presenting failed part. This is not negotiable
- THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER LABOR COSTS OR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PHYSICAL INJURIES OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF USE OF THE VEHICLE, INCONVENIENCE, RENTAL VEHICLE CHARGES, TOWING CHARGES OR ACCOMMODATIONS RESULTING FROM A DEFECT IN OR FAILURE OF THE PART.
- This limited warranty represents the exclusive remedy for any product defect or failure and the total liability of Machter Auto Parts and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Machter”) for any part it warrants. Machter Autoparts MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, CONDITION OF ANY KIND OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some states do not allow disclaimers of implied warranties. Therefore, all implied warranties that may apply to your part are limited to the duration of this written warranty. Some states also do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental, special or consequential damages, so the above information may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state. Advance does not authorize any person to vary the terms, conditions or exclusions of this warranty. If any provision of the warranty should become invalid or unenforceable because of any laws, the remaining terms and provisions of the warranty shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent allowed under local law, the remedies provided in this Limited Warranty Policy are the customer’s sole and exclusive remedies.